capella 7.1-17 and capella start 7.1-17 are now available for download.
capella 7.1 users can apply the automatic online update function within the software
Version 7.1-17, October 30, 2013:
This version can be installed by downloading and executing the complete installation package. If you have already capella 7.1-01 or newer installed, you can use the automatic update feature accessible via Help – Online Update. You need not uninstall a previus version of capella 7. If you had a previous version of capella 7 installed and activated, you need not enter the license code anew. Starting with Version 7.1-00, capella will reset its toolbar configuration to the factory settings when started for the first time after update. This is inevitable, as the Edit menu has been modified slightly.
- MusicXML import has been made more tolerant.
- MusicXML export has been improved for tempo, polyrhythmic, and capella3 music symbols at the end of freeform texts.
- Graphic objects with a single anchor, which have no change from the defaults concerning position or visibility, except the minimum distance from center staff line, were not saved correctly.
- Inserting a tempo change at the cursor position via Extras – Tempo – Set did not work as expected.
- capella can now tolerate faulty system bracket definitions, as may be generated by improper Python scripts.
- In lyrics syllables with left alignment, space calculation was insufficient, so text intersections could occur.
- In US version, the help button in File - Page Setup dialog now calls the correct help paragraph Components of a score – Score properties – Page setup.
- After removing a sound card from the computer, problems could arise, if the newly available devices were not explitly chosen afterwards.
- Audible note entry feedback can now be configured to be done completely via the VST interface. Thus, capella can work better in networks with terminal servers.
- In endings with multiple numbers (e.g. '1. - 3.') a longer hyphen than the minus sign is now used.
Improved captune 6.0-04
- Dal segno al coda: Fixed for situations where the coda sign or the first ending was at the beginning of the staff.
- If a second display screen was in use, the dialog window could become too large if it was on the left screen.
- Bug fixed when adding a VST device with a corresponding configuration file *_captune.ini.
- The first call of Profiles – Organize – Export to File had an undefined folder in the file open dialog. Now: Documents.
- On tab instruments, column capella Instrument, the Notation Range (see context menu) was not saved.
- When a capx file was closed, the used memory was not freed completely.
- In Midi export, some key changes were erroneously cancelled.
- A crash was fixed when loading and playing very large capella files.
- Under Vista/Win7/Win8 the 'Microsoft MIDI-Mapper' is written without hyphen. This could lead to problems on these OSs when playing a capx file written under XP. Now hypen and blank are seen as identical.
- If an articulation legato + staccato coincided with fp, the note was struck twice.
- Sound choice in SystemTemplate: Double genericsound in *_captune.ini is now possible, sample setting has priority.
- If different voices in a staff have different keys (this is possible in the capella data model, but always nonsens), they are unified.
- The dialog Playback Devices – MIDI and VST Output – Configure could crash.
- SystemTemplate – Sound – Play sound: Now this works also for percussion sounds.
- SystemTemplate – Sound – Melody: The tempo setting is now used as expected in SystemTemplate – Sound – Play sound.
- Trills & Ornaments: Some drop down lists were not large enough to show all entries, so they were reachable only by scrolling with the up and down arrows.
- Tab Tunings: An Absolute Tuning of a'==220Hz was accepted as input, but not saved consequently.
- Tab Tunings: Changes were accepted even if the dialog was closed with Esc.
- Tab Instruments: Vol and Pan values were not always updated when the Profile was changed.
- Midi export: capella files shorter than a measure were exported as upbeat.
- Very fast decrescendi (e.g. fp) were saved as crescendo with an overflow in controller values.
- Endless loop fixed when encountering an unnecessary first ending.
Changed scripts in installation
Updated scripts will be available only in your installation folder. You can update your personal script folder using "Plug-Ins – Update Scripts...". Be sure not to overwrite your own scripts, if you have made any changes in the meantime.
- The script chordExpansion.py by Paul Villiger was corrected for chords Asus and Esus, which had been seen as German style As and Es.