On first program start after installation of capella 8 you have the option to select and download a Soundfont.
You can always edit your selection afterwards.
- Open the sound configuration preferences bottom right in the window.
- Click on Download soundfont.
- Select any font and click on the marked path.
Try out different sounds
Try out which sound you like best. Definitely a matter of taste...
- Again open the sound configuration preferences (bottom right in the window) or select the command Preferences in the Extras menu (with macO: capella menu).
- This time click on sound configuration and on the "Instruments" tab.
- Select one of the soundfonts.
- Click OK and have the score played back with the new sound.
Which sound is best?!