With capella audio2score we offer a really innovative, high quality and useful tool. However, the needs or expectations that a user has sometimes do not match what the program does. That is why we would like to explain here where you could identify deficits.
- No recognition of percussion
- No differentiation between individual instruments; only the instrument groups are differentiated according to wind instruments, strings or piano (with harpsichord, guitar). For example, a violin can be distinguished from a clarinet, but not from a cello. The automatic distribution of notes to voices within an instrument group is done according to pitch.
- Recognition of the vocals succeeds more or less, depending on the recording
- You have to specify the time signature manually (positioning of the barlines is done automatically)
For the holistic recognition to work, the music material should have the following prerequisites:
- Melody as clear as possible (instrumental or vocal)
- Multiple voices, homophonically harmonized accompaniment (based on the usual chords of Western music)
- Bass line as clear as possible
These requirements apply to almost all pop songs as well as to much of classical music (concerto with orchestral accompaniment, aria, ...). Unsuitable, however, is real polyphonic music with several equal voices, such as fugues - here the "note by note" recognition is preferable.
Trial or test version
If you are unsure whether capella audio2score pro is suitable for your music material before buying the program, you can try it out with the free demo or trial version.
This demo or trial version includes the full documentation.
The trial version has all the features of the full version for 15 days. The demo version runs indefinitely with the following limitations:
- No saving or file export as Midi / sheet music / PDF is possible.
- The editing time of files is limited to 20 seconds and the note preview is garbled. However, the demo examples provided can be opened and edited in full length.