This capella hint was published in the Jan 2020 release of our newsletter "inside capella". Subscribe here.
Today’s hint tells you how to start your score with a front page – with text but without notes.
You will know: In capella, text objects must be anchored to a note or to the page. In the latter case they automatically obtain special properties.
But how to anchor a text object when the page doesn’t contain any notes? As so often – the attribute „invisible“ does the trick.
- You see a commenced system with clef and time signature. Delete clef and time signature.
- In Format - Systems... select the property "Next system on new page“ (make sure that this does not apply to following systems from page 2, on).
- Enter any rest, for example a quarter rest. Anchor all text and graphic objects to appear on the front page to this rest.
- Mark the rest and tick „Invisible“ and „No value“. But how do the staves disappear?
- You can move an existing graphic on top op them or cover them with a white rectangle. Very elegant is this: Select Format – Staves… and then select „white“ in Color of staves.
- Of course you can not only apply this hint to a front page but also to a lyrics page without notes.